Georgia Tech is set to host one of their transfer wide receiver targets for a visit this weekend.
Duquesne wide receiver Abdul Janeh announced on his Twitter account earlier this afternoon that he will be in town to visit Atlanta this weekend. The Yellow Jackets are looking for another addition at his receiver position wide through his portal to transfer, and Janet could be his top target.
Janneh is a 6’3 180 LBS wide receiver who has received a lot of interest from other schools since entering the transfer portal. Janneh has offers from NC, Washington, Virginia Tech, Marshall, App, Georgia, Charlotte, Georgia, Southern, Coastal, Carolina, Old, Dominion, Toledo, Utah.
Janneh is projected to be an outside receiver with his size and ball skills. Last season, he caught his 43 passes for his 579 yards and was adept at catching balls in traffic and winning matchups.
The Yellow Jackets are still searching through portals for another receiver after signing Chase Lane from Texas A&M. Georgia Tech is missing Nate McCallum (last year’s top receiver), Ryan King, EJ Jenkins and Malachi Carter, so the position needed more talent. The staff also signed with his three receivers across high school (Bryce Dopson, Eric Singleton Jr. and Zion Taylor) on signing day.
It’s clearly a much-needed position for the Yellow Jackets this offseason, and they’ve added some talent so far. Now that he’s likely to need one, Janneh could be his staff rep coaching Key and the Yellow Jackets.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 2023 Signed by:
- Gabe Fortson, Offensive Line
- Shymake Jones, Defensive Line
- Bryce Dopson, wide receiver
- Nico Dowdell, defensive back
- Ethan McKennie, offensive tackle
- Patrick Screws, Interior Offensive Line
- Zion Taylor, wide receiver
- Elias Croy, Interior Offensive Line
- Ashton Heflin, linebacker
- Jacob Cruz, athlete
- Benjamin Galloway, offensive tackle
- Nakali Ashley, athlete
- Evan Dickens “Running Back”
- Ezra Odinjol, Edge
- Stephen Jones Jr., cornerback
- Taye Seymore, linebacker/defensive back
- Malcolm Pugh, defensive line
- Bliston Dixon, defensive tackle
- Eric Singleton Jr., wide receiver
- Haynes King, quarterback (transferred)
- Trevion Cooley, running back (transfer)
- Chase lane, wide receiver (transfer)
- Jackson Long, Tight End (transferred)
- Braelen Oliver, linebacker (transferred)
- Andre White Jr., linebacker (transferred)
Follow us on social media for the latest from Georgia Tech Athletics.
Facebook: All Yellow Jacket
Follow Jackson on Twitter. @jacksoncaudell
See all the latest tech news at AllYellowJackets.com.
Visit the Georgia Tech homepage
For the best coverage of Georgia Tech and National College Football, listen to the Goal Line Stand Podcast.
Other Georgia Tech related content:
Josh Pastner discusses Georgia Tech’s biggest problem with 0-3 start in ACC play
All about Josh Pastner before his game against Miami
Georgia Tech Basketball vs Miami: Preview, How to Watch, Predictions
Where is Georgia Tech in the Transfer Portal Rankings?
Former Georgia Tech defensive end Jordan Dominek enters transfer portal again
ACC Basketball Power Ranking: 1/2
Former Georgia Tech running back Jermer Gibbs declares entry to NFL Draft
Watch: Former Georgia Tech running back Jordan Mason scores first NFL touchdown
Who are the top early 2024 targets to return to Georgia Tech?
Analysis of Georgia Tech’s line of defense after signing day