Twitter faced its first major outage Wednesday night under the leadership of Elon Musk.
Musk responded to the report by tweeting, “It’s going well.”
Twitter staff had previously expressed concern about the outage after Musk laid off half of the company’s staff.
On Wednesday, Twitter suffered its first major outage since Elon Musk took over the platform.
Downdetector has seen about 10,000 people reporting issues since around 5pm PT. Issues were reported in several countries in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Musk responded to some unaffected users discussing the report. say it: “Work for me.”
Mainly Twitter’s web browser platform was affected, with some users being automatically logged out and seeing the error message “Something went wrong, don’t worry. It’s not your fault. Please try again.” was displayed.
The Wall Street Journal reported that Twitter Spaces are also unavailable on the mobile app.
When Musk replied to users, it wasn’t clear if Twitter’s CEO was tweeting from his mobile phone or the website.
After 3 hours when Downdetector reports returned to baseline levels, the outage appeared to be resolved.
Fears about such a shutdown began after Musk laid off about half of Twitter’s 7,500 staff shortly after it acquired the company. Twitter had about 2,300 staff in November, down nearly 70%.
A former Twitter engineer who retired before the Musk acquisition told Insider:
Twitter’s last major outage was in July. According to the Wall Street Journal, there were five times more reports on Downdetector, but the problem he had was resolved within an hour.
Musk admitted to making a mistake on Twitter when he appeared on the “All-In” podcast posted on Saturday. Co-hosts on the show include Jason Karakanis and David Sachs, who gave Musk advice when he first took over the platform.
“Hey, I just got here,” Musk said.
Twitter did not respond to an insider’s request for comment.
Read the original article on Business Insider