Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech University Senior Kevin Oberner He posted a season-high 25 points and 10 rebounds for his 36th career double-double as he led Texas Tech to a 77-70 victory over Eastern Washington on Tuesday at United Supermarket Arena.
Devion Harmon They added 19 points and a career-high six steals in a win that extended the Red Raiders’ (7-2) home winning streak to 27 games. pop isaacs 15 points with 3 3P shots.Tech played without Daniel Bacho Having been sidelined with an ankle injury, he has won 21 straight non-conference home games this season and is 6-0 at home this season.
“Good win. I give credit to Eastern Washington,” said O’Bannoll. “They’re a really good team. They won pretty much 50-50 giving up 70 points in almost all of the balls. It doesn’t need a tournament, so it’s just a trip.”
“This game, even though it wasn’t on the stat sheets, proved we could defend,” said the Texas Tech coach. Mark Adams Added. “I think all our coaches agree that we have to keep pushing it forward. I think a lot of it came from how they played. I did.”
O’Bannoll’s 25 points is a season-high and also the most points scored in two seasons with Tech. He scored a career-high 39 points while at ORU, but had a previous tech-best score of 23 against Baylor last season. He trailed him by 20 points against Nichols last week, but now he’s in his double-digit scoring streak eight games in a row and has appeared in his 97th game in his career. . He leads the team with his 15.2 points per game this season.
“We have new companions, but it starts with me,” said O’Bannor. “We have to get better, but it was a difficult win. But I’m happy with the players and we have to keep improving.”
Lamar Washington He led the Red Raiders with 4 assists and also added 4 points and 2 steals. K.J. Allen He led the reserves with a season-high 7 rebounds and 5 points. Isaacs currently leads Tech with 20 of his 3-pointers as he is scoring 10.8 points per game. He’s now shooting 42.6% on 3-pointers, even though he’s 12-3 in the win against EWU. Jaylon Tyson He returned from last week’s game after being sidelined with an injury and finished with five rebounds and four points. Robert Jennings He started in place of Baccho and scored three goals.
Tech finished the game with 42.2% shooting from the field. EWU was 48.1%.
“When you look at the percentages, you might think the defense wasn’t good, but we hit a lot of big shots,” Adams said. I think it’s really good for our guys that we learned a few things to move forward.”
The Red Raiders were 19-22 at the free-throw line, while the Eagles forced 21 turnovers and went just 4-25 on 3-pointers. After going 5-for-11 on 3-pointers, EWU stayed the entire game shooting 11-28 for 3-pointers led by Steelventers who finished with 26 points. Angelo Allegri added his 14 points with his 3 shots on his 3. EWU were just 9-12 at the free-throw line.
Tech and EWU went into halftime tied 29-29, with Obanor leading the Red Raiders with nine points and six rebounds. Tech had a 3-pointer in the first 20 minutes and he was 17-2, but EWU was 15-6 over the arc. Harmon scored 6 points and 3 steals for the Red Raiders, while Isaacs scored 5 points on one 3-pointer. Allegri led the Eagles with his 11 points and 5 rebounds, while Venters had his 10. Allegri had three shots in the first half to make him 3-for-6 and Venters had two hits. Tech forced 11 turnovers in the first half as he took a 14-for-4 advantage in the paint. The Red Raiders were shooting 32.4% of him from the field. EWU entered a break as he shot 40.0%.
The Red Raiders will play Jackson State University this weekend at 3 p.m. Saturday at Delmar Fieldhouse in Houston. This game is part of the Coaches vs. Racism HBCU Roundball Classic. Jackson State is currently 1-8 on the season, with a game against Mississippi State in Jackson on Wednesday night before facing Tech in Houston.
- EWU chipped and scored on a 3-pointer from Allegria on the first possession…O’Bannoll scored Tech’s first point on a layup off Isaacs’ assist on the first offensive possession
- EWU led 9-2 on a Venters 3-pointer and cut to 9-6 on a steal and layup after Harmon Jumper to go into the game’s first media timeout.
- O’Bannoll hit Tech’s first 3-pointer of the game to give the Red Raiders their first lead at 13-11 with 12:35 left in the first half… We started 0-4.Assist
- Entering the under-eight media timeout of the first half, Tech hit one of their last nine shots and trailed 16-15 to play with 7:50 until halftime.game
- EWU led 23-17 with Allegri hitting the Eagles’ third 3-pointer and sixth shot of the first half… Tech were 12-1 with 3 on the other side of the court
- Tyson stopped a 7-0 run and made it a 23-19 deficit on layups…he had 4 points and 3 rebounds after his shot…Jennings followed with the first points of the game, and 1 on cut the game. 25-24
- The Isaacs gave Tech a 29-27 lead and stole the game’s first three-pointers off an Allen assist…which gave him five points and Tech were 2-for-16 in three seconds.
- O’Bannoll scored in double figures with 11 points after a layup following an EWU 3-pointer at the start of the second half…he was 5-11 from the field after the shot.
- Harmon came up with a layup of steals and a fastbreak to score up to 10 points and cut EWU’s lead to 38–37 going into the first media timeout of the second half.
- Allen pulled a season-high sixth rebound off a missed 3-pointer and was fouled on a putback attempt…he made one of two free throws and finished with 38 at 14:21 on the clock. We tied the game.
- Washington scored a steal and dunk to give Tech a 40-38 lead with 13:38 remaining…that was Washington’s first point of the game.
- Tech was on a 6-0 run with Allen laying up after Obanor’s laying up… Red Raider lead was 46-41
- Washington threw in the second dunk of the half to give Tech a 52-45 lead with 8:43 remaining…it was off his second steal and brought Tech’s fast-break point total to 10. Did… EWU had 17 turnovers at that point, while Tech had only 9.
- Isaacs hit a 3-pointer for the second of the game to push Tech’s lead to 58-53 with 5:57 remaining…he scored 10 points and Tech went 3-for-22 three seconds after the make. did.
- Obanor made an and-one with a tough layup and Isaacs pushed Tech’s lead to 64-59 with a 3… Harmon made a 4:19 layup to give Tech a 66-59 lead. … Obanor was up to 23 points and 8 rebounds
- Harmon drove in to make a strong basket, giving Tech a 70-65 lead at 2:00 on the clock and getting the rebound on a missed free throw… O’Bannoll eventually scored on the possession he made both. would find himself on the line – giving him 25 points and giving Tech a 72-65 lead with 1:50 remaining.
- Harmon made two free throws within 30 seconds for a season-high 19 points… giving Tech a 77-70 lead
Through the glass tonight@_KevinObanor Recorded a total of 36 double-doubles with 25 points and 10 boards. pic.twitter.com/JO6UZcj7C7
— Texas Tech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) December 14, 2022