Report outlines fundamental ESG goals and progress
Toronto, December 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Corus Entertainment Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) (“Corus” or the “Company”) today announced the release of its 2022 Sustainability Report. Social and governance (ESG) initiatives. Centered around Chorus’ three main pillars: People, Planet and Responsibility, the inaugural Sustainability Report outlines the progress made so far and a set of foundational principles that underpin Chorus’ ambition and approach to sustainability. Outline your goals.
“Corus, like all companies, is part of a global movement to address important environmental, social and governance challenges. Doug MurphyPresident and CEO, chorus entertainment“Our forward-looking approach to sustainability, guided by our People, Planet and Responsibility goals, helps us find new ways to build our value and resilience over the long term.”
This report outlines Corus’ future plans and highlights progress against existing sustainability initiatives.
- Advanced Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives across the organization, including the formalization of DEI-focused training.
- As part of our performance management and evaluation approach to leadership, we have introduced ESG key performance indicators related to people and culture goals.
- Welcomed three new Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), bringing the total number of ERGs to seven.
- helped me lift $33.6 million For local community charities Canada.
- Launched a carbon emissions measurement approach to explore opportunities for decarbonization plans.
- Correspondence chorus greenis an employee-led group that raises awareness and drives concrete action on environmental issues within Corus.
- Provided environmental sustainability sessions for employees.
- Implemented ESG oversight and governance structure.
- Appointed as Head of Environment, Sustainability and Governance, he will provide expertise and dedicated oversight of Corus’ ESG objectives and strategy.
- Established a cross-functional ESG Steering Committee to guide the development and implementation of ESG targets.
- We have established a dedicated Ethics and Conduct Office to address concerns raised by employees, including anonymous reports.
This sustainability report has been prepared in accordance with Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards. Additionally, Corus has adopted a phased approach to implementing the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
To view and/or download the 2022 Corus Sustainability Report, please visit corusent.com.
About Chorus Entertainment
Corus Entertainment Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) is a leading media and content company that develops and distributes high-quality brands and content across platforms for a global audience. Captivating audiences since 1999, the company’s portfolio of multimedia products includes 33 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 traditional television stations, a suite of digital and streaming assets, animation software, technology and media services. is included. Corus is an internationally renowned animation studio through his Nelvana, his expert in all forms of animation, and Corus Studios, a globally recognized producer of scripted and unscripted hits. Content is his creator and distributor. The company also owns innovative full-service social digital agency so.da, lifestyle entertainment company Kin Canada, leading 2D animation software supplier Toon Boom, and children’s book publisher Kids Can Press. Corus’ premium brands include Global Television, W Network, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, Magnolia Network Canada, The HISTORY® Channel, Showcase, Adult Swim, National Geographic, Disney Channel Canada, YTV, Global News, Globalnews.ca, Q107, Country 105, and CFOX, as well as widely distributed Canadian streaming platforms STACKTV, TELETOON+, Global TV App, and Curiouscast. For more information, visit www.corusent.com.
SOURCE Chorus Entertainment Inc.