See promotions, hires, movers and newsmakers in the Memphis area business scene:
Former Memphis City Attorney Freeman B. Foster I participated in baker donelson He is an attorney at the law firm’s Memphis office and a member of the Health Care Litigation Group. He was previously a senior aide for the City of Memphis. His practice areas include tort and civil rights advocacy, local law and employment law. In 2015, he was admitted as a judicial attorney by the Tennessee Supreme Court. Foster is a graduate of the University of Memphis Law School.
Forbis announced the leadership promotion of Kim Sherry Became the market leader in the Memphis office. As a market leader, she represents the company by being active in her community of businesses and building relationships with local leaders and clients. She was previously a leader in the Memphis tax market. With nearly 30 years of experience, Sherry has served the hospitality, commercial products, real estate and retail industries. Her experience focuses on structuring, acquisitions, state and local taxes, with an emphasis on providing tax compliance for private and public sectors. Host company.
Anne Beard was recently appointed chief of staff of University of Rhodes, she graduated in 1984 with a BA in International Studies. Prior to joining the University of Rhodes on September 28, she served as Director of Development at the Southern She Methodist University’s Deadman She Law School. She is the president’s liaison between internal and external voters and a member of the senior he leadership team. She earned her Master’s degree in International Management from the US Graduate School of International Management and a certification in Fundraising Management from Indiana University.
Pitco Management recently appointed Henry Guy as the new President and Chief Investment Officer. In addition, he is a member of the company’s Executive Committee and a member of the Visitors’ Committee of the Owen School of Management at Vanderbilt University, where he holds a master’s degree in business administration.
Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz (NST method) announced that it is hiring four attorneys to serve clients in its national personal injury legal practice. Joining companies are:
- R. Benjamin Weathers, Chair of the Social Security Disability Practice Group. He graduated with honors from the University of Mississippi Law School and established a law firm in his hometown of Liberty, Mississippi. He then headed west to lead an award-winning disability advocacy group for a large personal injury company in Utah. Weathers specializes in Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) cases representing individuals nationwide.
- Matthew J. Vande BrakeHe is an insurance, disability and personal injury attorney in East Tennessee, graduated from the University of Tennessee Law School, has served as an administrative adjudicator for the State Department of Social Services, and has served as legal counsel for the Knoxville Department of Social Security. He began practicing personal injury to continue his lawsuits throughout East Tennessee.
- James B. “Win” Duncan IV, A Memphis native, he graduated with honors from the Cecil C. Humphries School of Law at the University of Memphis and was awarded the Barrister’s Medal for Excellence in Oral Defense. Duncan has worked as a federal judge and as an external trainee for large corporate litigation groups. After serving as NST’s legal clerk, he joined as part of the Automotive and Workers’ Compensation Practices Division.
- Aaron RomanowskiA native of Virginia, he is a graduate of the Cecil C. Humphries School of Law at the University of Memphis, won a senior moot court competition, and served as an associate judge on a moot court committee. He will be part of the company’s Automobile and Workers’ Compensation practice.
Tioga Environmental Consultant recently expanded its team by hiring two individuals.
- Thornton Brooksbank Participated as a geologist within the Natural Resources Group. In his new role, he will conduct Phase I environmental site assessments, perform wetland delineation and hydrological determinations, and complete ARAP and NEPA permits. Thornton has a 40-hour HAZWOPER, an 8-hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor, and an Environmental Specialist course where he is OSHA certified. He also holds a Level 1 certification in Tennessee Sediment and Erosion Management, is a Tennessee Certified Chief Inspector, and has completed RCRA Hazardous Waste and his NIOSH 582 equivalence training. He graduated with honors from the University of Auckland with a BA in Earth Sciences.
- Ryan Stringer is currently an environmental engineer at the company. Stringer assists in completing environmental compliance projects, submitting reports, and designing solutions to processes that impact the surrounding environment. He is a licensed Class II wastewater operator and brings nearly a decade of environmental experience to the company. Stringer holds a master’s degree in environmental engineering from the Missouri Institute of Science and Technology.
Lehman Roberts and its sister companies Memphis Stone & Gravel announced the appointment of Pamela Elrod as a salesperson.
As a sales representative, Elrod will be a key member of the sales department, responsible for coordinating and communicating with customers, independent carriers, vendors and prospects. Elrod has experience in the dental field, formerly a dental assistant and later he taught dental assistant at Delta Technical College.
— Edited by Daniel Ginsberg
Email the information and photos in JPEG format, at least 1 MB in size, to business email@example.com.