Durham – The Duke Volleyball team lost 3-1 (15-25, 16-25, 30-28, 22-25) to No. 11 Georgia Tech at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Friday night.
how it happened
- Three Georgia Tech players had 10 or more kills as the Yellow Jackets posted a .236 as a team.
- Duke led offensively Gracie Johnson 23 kills followed by Riley Cadell A career-high 13. Devon Chan Recorded 46 assists Nicky Underwood When sydney tomrak Added 17 and 11 digs respectively.
- The Yellow Jackets came out of the gate quickly with a hit percentage of .308, limiting the Blue Devils to the minus clip for a 1-0 lead.
- Georgia Tech’s Erin Moss had three blocks, a .258 batting average, and a 2-0 set lead going into the third round. Johnson had six kills but was unable to stabilize his attacking rhythm.
- Johnson, Cadell, Kelly Keef He tallied 15 of Duke’s 17 kills in the third set and helped push the match into the fourth set. As one team takes the lead, the other team answers the exchange in the last few points. His third service error of the set for Georgia Tech was Duke’s set for his point (29-28), just before Keef filled in his set on the right side to force his four sets from Chang. brought
- Both teams swung fourth with Duke’s highest percentage of the day (.281). 538% with eight kills and just one error in 13 swings. Despite Duke’s efforts, Yellow in 11th place he could not hold off the Jackets.
- Duke fell 10-8 overall and 1-6 in ACC Action, losing three in a row.
- The series moved to 45-25 in favor of Duke, despite Georgia Tech winning seven of their last nine meetings.
- Duke was the first unranked ACC team to win a set at Georgia Tech so far this season.
- Johnson had 20 or more kills for the seventh time in his Duke career and the fifth time this season.
- Chan’s 40-plus assists are the 13th of his career.
- The third set featured nine tie scores and four lead changes.
- Georgia Tech was led by Julia Bergman with 19 kills and libero Paola Pimentel had 22 digs.
- Duke will welcome Clemson to Cameron Indoor Stadium on Sunday at 1pm on ACCNX.
Follow Blue Devils for more on Duke Volleyball. twittersearch for “https://goduke.com/news/2022/10/14/DukeVB” on Facebook and Instagram.