WALWORTH, Wisconsin – Mecum’s recent auction of classic and collectible cars and pedal cars at the Elmers Auto and Toy Museum in Fountain City exceeded all expectations, with a selection of 2,020 items of vintage collectibles totaling $8.5 million in total sales. reached the dollar.
From antique cars to muscle cars, pedal cars to motorcycles and bicycles, there was a vast array of merchandise, and as news of this rare opportunity went well beyond the bounds of our humble Midwestern setting, bidders from all over the world welcomed from
The best-selling vehicle at the auction was Big Block’s 4-speed 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (Lot S168), which exceeded pre-auction estimates and sold for $242,000. A 1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S160) proved to be another auction leader with sales of $121,000, followed by two more six-figure sales, a Hemi-equipped four-speed 1966 Plymouth Belvedere I (Lot S203). ) sold for $110,000, and the 1969 Dodge Charger 500 (Lot S161), one of only 392 built that year, brought in $104,500.
People are also reading…
Here are the complete top 10 collector car sales at auction:
1. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (Lot S168) $242,000
2. 1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S160) $121,000
3. 1966 Plymouth Hemi Belvedere I (Lot S203) $110,000
4. 1969 Dodge Charger 500 (Lot S161) $104,500
5. 1958 Chevrolet Delray (Lot S150) $99,000
6. 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S99) $90,200
7. 1935 Auburn 851 Cabriolet (Lot S175) $88,000
8. 1966 Pontiac GTO (Lot S110) $84,700
9. 1964 Amphicar 770 (Lot S145) $77,000
10. 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S151) $77,000
Among the 162 motorcycles offered, there were a handful that achieved particularly strong sales results, led by the 1940 Indian Four (Lot S252), which brought in $99,000.
Six Harley-Davidson models, 1947 Harley-Davidson FL Knucklehead (Lot S245) $55,000, 1941 Harley-Davidson ULH with sidecar (Lot S246) $49,500, and 1937 Harley-Davidson Big Twin Flathead top seller have become. With a sidecar (Lot S247) asking for $49,500, to name a few.
Here are the top 10 selling motorcycles at auction:
1. 1940 Indian Four (Lot S252) $99,000
2. 1947 Harley-Davidson FL Knucklehead (Lot S245) $55,000
3. 1941 Harley-Davidson ULH with Sidecar (Lot S246) $49,500
4. 1937 Harley-Davidson Big Twin Flathead with Sidecar (Lot S247) $49,500
5. 1947 Indian Chief (Lot S251) $38,500
6. 1921 Cleveland (Lot S324) $27,500
7. 1951 Harley-Davidson Panhead (Lot S244), $25,300
8. 1959 Indian/Royal Enfield Chief (Lot S68) $24,200
9. 1964 Harley-Davidson Duo Glide Panhead (Lot S74), $22,000
10. 1968 Harley-Davidson FLH Electra Glide (Lot S71), $19,800
Elmer’s Auto and Toy Museum’s selection of pedal cars, bikes and children’s rides was an impressive round of top sales, spearheaded by three Winged Warrior pedal cars. All three of his were specially commissioned by Elmer Duellman and handcrafted to feature the right proportions. Authentic look.
The first was a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird Pedal Car (Lot F100), sold for $59,000, the second was a Richard Petty-themed 1970 Plymouth Superbird Pedal Car (Lot F400), It was $47,200.
Coming in third was a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Pedal Car (Lot F300) that sold for $37,760. His antique 1929 Ford Snap-On wooden toolbox (Lot F250) eventually sold for his $35,400, and his full-sized clown pedal car Merry-Go-Round (Lot T300) was also a top seller. brought in $28,320.
Here are the top 10 road art sales at auction:
1. 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird Pedal Car (Lot F100) $59,000
2. 1970 Richard Petty Plymouth Superbird Pedal Car (Lot F400) $47,200
3. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Pedal Car (Lot F300) $37,760
4. 1929 Ford Snap-On Wooden Toolbox (Lot F250) $35,400
5. Charger Daytona Pedal Car (Lot F200) $29,500
6. Clown Pedal Car Merry-Go-Round (Lot T300) $28,320
7. 1927 American National Lincoln Pedal Car (Lot W377) $25,960
8. Valvoline Motor Oil Manco Products Go-Kart (Lot T247) $24,780
9. 1936 G-Man Cruiser Pedal Car (Lot W375) $23,600
10. 1934 Packard 5-in-1 Pedal Car (Lot W250) $23,600
Sign up for a free MyMecum account at Mecum.com to access full auction results. To learn more about upcoming auctions, consign a vehicle, or register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.
Photo: Elmer Museum collection sold at Fountain City auction